Friday, February 10, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

My growing arsenal of "Recipes Even I Can't Screw Up" gained another entry tonight. Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup. OMG!!!!!!! Super yummy!!!!!! Drew said it was awesome!!!! The recipe came from allrecipes.com, from which I get daily emails. I did change it just a little bit. To make it easier, of course. For the original recipe, click HERE.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

1 onion, chopped
16 oz can chili beans, undrained
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
15 oz bag frozen corn
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes w/ green chilies, undrained
12 oz bottle beer
1 packet taco seasoning
2 chicken breasts, whole, frozen or unfrozen

Put everything in a crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. The chicken breasts will easily come apart when stirring it up.

Optional : serve with shredded cheese, sour cream & crushed tortilla chips.

I used Sam Adams Boston Lager. I served it with warmed up taco shells. We just break them apart to dunk into the soup. I made a very happy mess putting the soup in the taco and eating it that way. Super yummy.

Now, I would have liked more spice. More flavor. But Drew said it was perfect. And the man has a sinus infection right now so if he said the flavor was fine, I will listen to him.

It seems like a make a lot of dishes with chicken, beans, corn and diced tomatoes. But they all taste different and they are all yummy. I have never liked diced tomatoes before. They just gross me out. Don't know why. But lately I just can't get enough of them.

I stocked up at Aldi's on beans and tomatoes and chicken. So these dishes are cheap to make as well as easy and delicious. And there's nothing more heart warming than coming home from a long day at work to a house that smells divine. This is cooking that I not only don't mind, but LOVE!!

I think next week I'm going to see what other different cuisines I can make in a crock pot. Maybe Chinese or Greek. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, let me know. If you can't comment because you don't have one of the account types that it requires (Sorry! But this blog is for free and wicked easy to use!) send me an email at skdeal@gmail.com.

Happy Friday!!!