Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday: The Work-Week's Happy Ending

Well, I did it. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't particularly inspiring. It wasn't a tribute to any kind of higher athleticism. But I did it.

A half-mile jogging on the treadmill this morning.

I did it in 3 stints: walk, 0.20 mile jog, walk, 0.10 mile jog, walk, 0.20 mile jog, pray for death.

Then I showered and made breakfast. Fiber Now Cereal w/2% milk, English muffin with 1 egg and a wedge of Laughing Cow Low-Fat Chipolte cheese. (I love that cheese. It's the best flavor you can get for 35 calories. And if anyone tells me anything bad about it, I'll murder you with an immersion blender.)

I am full. Very, very full. I'm awake though. And kind of amazed I did all this this morning. Let's see if we keep it up. (Stop laughing. I can do this.)

And here's something else I learned this morning...no matter how early I get up, Drew will be in the shower when I get off the treadmill. I'm pretty sure if I got on the treadmill at 4 am, that Drew will be in the shower at 4:30 when I'm done. HA!