Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Motivational Soup

I mentioned yesterday I'd made Slow Cooker Potato Soup. We had the leftovers of it again tonight. It was a million times better than the first time! I mean, it was epically good. It thickened in the fridge and was just perfect! So I suggest if you make the soup, make it a day in advance and add a little bacon to it. Just wonderful!!!!

Meanwhile, after a few days of being miserable, in pain and just plain blaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I picked up some motivation from Pierce. (Actually, his name is Jason but I refer to him by his last name so as not to confuse him with my buddy Jason.) Pierce is a Marine with his own fitness blog. I found him one day while I was googling something...don't remember what. I follow his blog StrictlyMotivated because he fascinated me.

He's a super-fit Marine who struggles much like the rest of us do with his health regime. Most times he discusses what he eats and gives great tips for working out, but it usually isn't something I can relate to right now because it's geared towards the already-pretty-fit athlete. Towards guys like Jason and Mike. I'm eating healthy and working out, but I'm not to the point where I can apply his advice. It will come someday though and when it does I'll have Pierce's blog to refer back to for guidance.

Two weeks ago Pierce was deployed to Afghanistan. His journal entry yesterday gave me the motivation I needed this week to get my arse back on track. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I shared it. Especially since I know it will be read by the people I've surrounded myself with who are enjoying their own health kicks. (Thanks Jason, Mike & Jeff!)


Training in Afghanistan: Week 2

by strictlymotivated

Super Bowl Sunday.... wow what a great way to end Week 2 for me. It has been a great start to getting back into training. I was able to get back into the pattern of eating 6 times a day. Nothing but Chicken, Beef, vegetables, and oatmeal and egg whites. This is simply done by cleaning up my diet. The super bowl has a lot of opportunities to cheat on so much good snack foods. That's ok if you cheated a little bit, don't beat yourself up about it. Now just take the time to get back onto your diet and exercise program and stay strictlymotivated. Remember it's a lifestyle, you're not going to change the world overnight. Take it one step at a time.

Surround yourself with people who enjoy staying healthy. I currently am doing cardio with five people in the morning, I do abs with four people at lunch and I am training two people in the gym. There are always people who want to work out or change their eating habits. That's what keeps me going, is seeing other people with results. Excuses don't get you very far you have to keep pushing no matter how hard it is. Nothing is ever going to be easy. Keep very small goals and when you accomplish each one it will feel like your moving forward. That's all you have to do. Keep it simple.