Monday, February 13, 2012

Aldi's Fit & Active Protein Bar

My breakfast Monday thru Friday consists of a greek yogurt and a breakfast bar. I don't have time (and don't want to make time) to eat breakfast at home, so I just grab these and head off to work. I eat them at my desk throughout the morning.

My breakfast bar of choice is Aldi's Fit & Active Protein Bar.


It comes in two flavors - Double Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter. I like the latter, but the Double Chocolate is my fave!!!

At $4.69 for 6 bars, it's a bargain. Most bars cost $2+ per bar.

It's 180 calories per bar with 5 grams fiber and 10 grams protein. As far as comparing those figures with other protein bars, it's a little low on the protein side but high on the fiber side. Actually, after googling protein bar comparisons, I'm not sure you can compare one to the other. They are all over the place with the values. I guess you just have to decide what you're looking for in your protein bar and find something in your budget that you don't hate.

It's for breakfast, so I prefer the higher fiber content. And they taste like a treat. I love these!!

If I ever get over to Walmart, I'll try Jason's suggestion : Life Choice, but until then, I'll stick to my Fit & Active.