Sunday, February 5, 2012

Slow Cooked Pork Cacciatore

Joanie pointed out a website to me last week that she knew I'd go crazy over. Crockin Girls (http://crockingirls.com/). It's all about cooking in a crock pot. And they cook everything in a crock pot!!! Appetizers, main course and dessert! Not all in the same crock pot, of course. That would be gross.

I picked a recipe to try this week. I changed it a little bit to make it even easier (aka laaaaaaaaazy). It was delish!!!!!!!!!!!! Drew and I loved it.

Slow Cooked Pork Cacciatore

1 lb. pork chops, cubed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 bell peppers, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp oregano
salt & pepper
Pasta
Parmesan cheese

Mix everything, except the pasta and parmesan cheese, in a crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve over your choice of pasta --- I used egg noodles. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

And that's it! The original recipe is here:
I skipped the thickening of the sauce and mine came out just fine.