Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weird Day

So...I'm on the phone a lot today trying to get information from Medicaid New Jersey about how our clients can send claims electronically. I would call, sit thru the long recorded spiel at the beginning, get a human, they would ask for info, I would hang up, I would go get said requested info, I would call back. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

During one of the times that I called them back I got a distracted by my co-worker during the long recorded spiel and didn't realize I'd misdialed the number. Not until I heard...

"Don't be afraid. We can train you. You can learn how to be a slave. Press 3 to hear more. You have to be 18 years or older--"

Click. Click. Click click click click clickclickclickclickclickclick.... (I could not hang up enough.)

"What the eff??????"

It was a woman's voice. Trying to be sexy. With an accent. An accent like no other I've heard. A terrible, made-up accent. Like if a Ferenghi had mated with a member of the Royal Family.

Lesson learned? Dial the phone very carefully. Very, very carefully.

Oh, and apparently there's a service provided by the house of Ferenghi-Windsor willing to train you how to be a sex slave. Go figure.