Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prepping for Stage Two

I'm the type of person that needs motivation 24/7 on my current projects to keep momentum going. If I don't, I'll lose focus and mood-swing into a different direction. And given that my moods lately have bounced between, "I can take on the world!" to "Screw it. Let's declare bankruptcy and just move away from this pit-stain," it's time to move my current project along to the next stage.

By the time I'm done with my "life transformation" (*cue the big drums*) I will have gone thru about four-hundred-and-twenty-two stages. It's what I do. Plan, plot and outline everything to death. It's the implementation part that I usually completely suck at. But with Stage One in full force (eat healthier, exercise more), I think it's time to review Stage Two.

Stage Two : What I want to be when I grow up.

Yes, at the age of 42, I should know this by now. But I don't. Got no idea! But I can tell you what I never want to be:
A. a mother, or
B. bored.

Well, having my uterine walls Chernobyled in October 2010 pretty much took care of A. for me. HAHA! Score one for me!

B. is much harder though. In pondering what to do to avoid being bored, here's a list of things that keep me happy and productive that I've been missing in my life, and what I'm going to do about it...

Beer brewing - I don't do this as much anymore, but when I did, I loved it. I vow to make at least one batch in February.

Bellydancing - Believe it or not, I am professionally trained. For the sake of my instructor June I don't tell people that, because I'm not very good at it. I gave it up when I had my headaches last year because I was in so much pain. I'm going to look into going to classes again in the Summer. (I won't drive to Ithaca in Winter. I don't do stupid weather.)

Cardmaking - I also enjoy decorating mini-hats and making beaded jewelry. This I do still participate in. Not as much as I'd like to though. Starting next week, I'm going to put my skills and equipment to work for me and make some crafty-cool crap! I will dedicate Wednesday nights to this! (Until I change my mind and change it to a different night. I'm a female. We do that often.)

Travel - Haven't done much of this lately. Mostly because of fundage. And we're always so busy. Need to take some time to just get away. Even for a day. Maybe plan some hiking trips in the Spring with other enthusiasts and fat-friendly people! :)

Writing - A very touchy subject. It's the one thing that people often tell me, "You missed your calling." And that's very depressing. It suggests I have no chance to be a writer, but I could have. Lately I've done next to none. Mostly because my will-to-live is sapped out of me by negative people who have nothing better to do than spread their disease. Their cynacism is a plague. Well, it's time sanitize my own thoughts so I can let the creativity flow again! (Yeah, I have no official plan for this right now. I'm still kinda pissed. More later...)

Yoga - Again, the headaches put a stop to this. I hate to blame everything on the headaches, but they really were terrible. I lost a lot of my life last year to them. On Monday, I will talk to my yogini, the beautiful Theresa, to see about getting back into this. It always brought a peacefulness to my life that I've been missing.

There are many other things that I like to do, but this is the important list. This is the stuff that keeps me sane and reminds me of why it's good to live here and why I need to keep going to the day job. Because most of this stuff costs $$$. But most importantly, it improves my quality of life, and that's what we all really want. A life that is just a little better, a little happier. And since no one's just gonna hand it to me, I'm gonna go get it myself.