Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Strange Resolution

I have a list of about 40 To-Do Items for 2012. It's a little game I play with myself. A habit I picked up from my Dad, who has a list of 20. Why? Don't know. We like lists.

(I'm not going to go into the "list" obsession here. I did that over at the AOP website and drove people crazy over there with it.)

One of the items on this year's list is to "Watch More Films." Most people resolve to watch less television, I need to watch more. Why? Simple. I want to be a screenwriter so I need to watch more movies. The problem is I hate watching movies. Makes no sense, I know. But it's hard to get me to sit down and watch a movie.

I only like two kinds of movies. Super-wicked-funny movies or action-car chase-explosions-Jason-Statham-shirtless movies. I decided to start with a comedy. A comedy that I've decided to watch only because if I have to admit to Jason one more time that I haven't seen it, I think his eyeballs will explode.

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Damn, it was hilarious. I don't know how Steve Carell got thru that movie without peeing his pants in every scene. Oh my lord, he had the funniest lines ever. And my favorite was in the outtakes at the end of the movie!

"I ate fiberglass insulation. It wasn't cotton candy like the guy said." Pause. "My tummy itches."

I laughed so hard, I threw up in my throat. It was that funny.

So, I will continue to try and watch a movie I haven't seen each week. I will probably continue to select movies from the list of "Jason's Favorite Movies To Quote Then Stare At Me Like I'm About To Receive The Mafia Kiss of Death When I Admit I Haven't Seen Them." Yes! That's a real list! It'll be either another Will Farrell movie or something with Seth Rogen in it.

And no matter how much people love it, I will never EVER watch The Notebook. Screw that.