Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm pooped

I'm so tired I might fall asleep standing up at my desk. I don't know why I'm tired. I went to bed at my usual hour of midnight --- yes, that is normal for me and I don't normally have these issues. But today I feel like I didn't sleep at all.

Despite being an energy-deficient zombie (metabolism...metabolism...), I got up and got on the treadmill. Normally after a couple minutes, I'm chugging along to the tunes and a happy little camper. (Ok, maybe not so little. It's just a phrase people, don't take it so literally!) But I still wasn't happy today. Oh no. I was tired and miserable thru the whole thing. I didn't cheat either. Despite my mood I walked at a fast pace and even made myself do the 2-tenth of a mile jogging stints. (By the way, that plan worked very well today.)

I went thru the rest of my morning routine in much the same mood. Even the sight of Drew the Nudist (that's the time between his shower and him getting dressed) was of no help.

Get your freakin' bare butt out of my freakin' way...NO I DON'T WANNA SEE YOUR NAKEDNESS TODAY!!

All that came out of my mouth was, "Move." That was enough for him to know that he should.

Freakin' shower...there's no freakin' heat in the freakin' bathroom...freakin' shower curtain just tore off that freakin' shower curtain holder thingie...WHAT'S THE FREAKIN' WORD FOR THAT?!

Trudge downstairs, avoid kicking the cat, avoid kicking the husband, head to kitchen.

Freakin' sandwiches...with freakin' mustard...get in the dang baggie...freakin' baggie won't close...CLOSE YOU FREAKIN' DOLLAR-STORE GHETTO BAGGIE!!!


All that came out of my mouth was, "Lunches are made."

It was at that point that Drew the Former-Nudist said to me, "You're tired." I explained my concerns that my miserableness wasn't temporary and would lead to the downfall of what has been a successful month of healthy eating and exercise. He said, "You'll be fine." But I'm sure what he was thinking was...

A bit overdramatic...Pet the cat...I gotta poop...Did she see my butt?...Pet the wife...Smile...I wonder when the next Doctor Who will be on???

"You'll be fine."