Saturday, March 2, 2013

Blah Blah Blah and Bacon!

I rarely discuss anything too personal anymore on my blog.  For one reason, no one wants to hear it.  Unless it's really funny.  It rarely ever is.  Or it's too personal.  And despite the whole "freedom of speech" and "there's no law on the internet" bullpucky, I don't feel the need to start offending people.  Especially the ones I actually know.  There's a fine line between being yourself and being an arsehole.  I'm not in the mood to cross it today.

Then there's the stuff that is WAY too personal.  My mother already knows enough about that.  (Hello!  I take after you!)  Plus, if I'm gonna talk about all the filth that runs through my head (and lately there's a lot, thanks to my recent goal of Bestselling Funny Smut Novelist), then I'll start a blog under a false name, make myself a sexy 32-year-old sub looking for a hot Dom who roleplays in full Rugby garb.  The safe-word is bruschetta.  (Mom, if you don't know what that means, ask Amy.  She'll be more than happy to explain.)

But the biggest reason I don't blog personal blah blah blah is because it seems every time I do whatever I blogged about becomes a lie.  Like blogging about getting healthy --- I immediately get fatter.  Like blogging about being happy --- I become a miserable byotch.  Granted, both those examples could be explained through self-destructive behavior.  And that may be true.  I've had mood swings since I was a teenager so it's hard to know.  Maybe it's me; maybe it's Maybelline.  But sometimes it's neither.

I blogged recently about being wheat, milk, soy & sugar intolerant.  Mostly to explain why I would be posting other related articles, like reviews of gluten-free food and recipes.  I had mentioned how Ashley at Riverview Wellness in Oswego had diagnosed me six-months ago and I haven't been sick since.  For the most part I've been pretty happy and awake.  I'm now a morning person.  WHO THE FRICK WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN?!?  I was famous at work for being the person you don't talk to before 10 am.  Sometimes 2 pm.  Now I hop out of bed, make breakfast (I COOK BREAKFAST!) and arrive at work awake.  Not always happy --- I mean, it is work --- but at least I'm awake.

Two days after that post Ashley informed me she's moving to Florida.  In fact, she's leaving today.  I had my last appointment with her Wednesday.  We reviewed where I started and how far I've come.  It's amazing what we've accomplished in just six months.  No one has more faith in me and what I can do than Ashley.  She's just that kind of beautiful optimistic person.  Thanks to her support I've made some fantastic life-style changes that have made me a better, healthier person.

But now she's moved on.  She's always wanted to live in the sun and she's in a place in her life where she can follow that dream.  I will miss her but I'm so happy for her.  Because she's taught me that I can do the same thing.  So, it's time to put on my big-girl panties (like I have any other size - Haha!) and do this on my own now.  Actually, I have lots of support from Drew, my Mom & Dad, my little sister, and my friends, but in the end it all comes down to me.

Here we go!  Let's see if I'm lying.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

If you got this far, thanks for visiting my blog.  In appreciation, here's a bit of fun.  The BaconLube Taste Test!  If this Bestselling Funny Smut Novelist thing doesn't work out I think I might apply for a job in this place.  I would personally down an entire bottle of BaconLube in exchange for never having to call Medicaid New Jersey ever again!!



Happy Saturday!