Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Adventures of Butterball: Tapout Day 7

* The Adventures of Butterball are true stories about my *
* trials and tribulations as a stupid fat girl.  Enjoy! *


As much as our heroine enjoys waking up to her handsome training instructor, she is sooooo looking forward to not seeing Mike's face this morning.

TAPOUT DAY 7

Pre-workout mood: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. (Do Not Disturb.)

Day 7 is a Rest Day.

It's also time for review and reflection.

REVIEW 
Despite my complaining (and the miserableness of yesterday's post) I really like these workouts. The exercises change constantly throughout the videos so they don't bore me. The moves are challenging but easy. I don't have to stand there and go, "Now where's his foot? And what's he doing with his hand?" It's obvious. I might stand there and go, "Nice abs," but I think that's part of the motivational process. I swear at Mike more than I should but he's actually an excellent instructor. He's very motivating.

The videos I'm using I borrowed from a friend (one of the millions I have on the internet). I wanted to try TapouT XT before buying it. I know TapouT XT comes with a 100% satisfaction guaranteed warranty on it but have you ever tried to use those kinds of warranties? I'm not saying TapouT would be arseholes about it and make me feel like crap for returning their product, but you don't have to go through that kind of personal hell too many times to know you don't want to stick your neck out for anyone else's product.

Also, I'm child of the 80's. I had a music collection that consisted of hundreds of CD's all of which had ONE good song on them. I was screwed over then and I've been bitter about it ever since. Damn it! I still want my money back from Bjork for that stupid CD with "Army of Me" on it! I'm sure she's a lovely person, but that song suckered me in. Errrr!

I borrowed the videos, I tried them and I really like them. To prove to myself and the world that I'm sincere about this, bought the TapouT XT package this week and it should be here in about 5 days. I'm a dedicated supporter of the things I like and use. I am brand loyal. But I make companies earn it now.

REFLECTION
I've seen some improvements in my health and attitude already. Even though I have a non-wheat/milk/soy/sugar eating plan, there's nothing to keep me from cheating on it. Ever since starting to workout I haven't. I don't want to waste all my exercise efforts on cake.

I've also taken some time this week to be more "girlie." And I'm not just referring to my push-ups. I gave myself a pedicure and manicure! I've also started wearing my jewelry again. I feel better on the inside and it makes me want to show it on the outside too.

And lastly, writing about this and talking about it on Facebook and with my co-workers has been the biggest thrill. I've had so much fun! I can't thank my supporters and friends enough. Especially Kelly, who borrowed the Day 1 DVD from me to try it. The following morning when she called me and said, "Are you out of your goddamn mind?" I laughed my ass off. Yes, I am and proud of it.

So thank you everyone!

THE NEXT GOAL
At Day 10 I re-check my weight and measurements. If I get to Day 10 I'm going to reward myself with a new pair of shoes. Preferably some pretty slip-on sandals. So I don't have to bend over to put them on. Ow.

Also, Jason said if I get through another week doing TapouT I get a reward. I'm not gonna say what it is because that spoils the fun. Personally, I'd just be happy if he promised to never fart in my car again. Driving around in 30 degree weather with the windows down sucks.


THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES --> WEEK 2, DAY 1