Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Update on a Few Things

My mother seems to be doing much better.  She gets around a lot easier than when she first got here.  Or so it seems to me.

My parents came to our TOPS meeting tonight.  They're members of a club in Tennessee.  I feared a big gain, but much to my surprise it was a three pound loss!  That's 17 so far.  It's not anything dramatic, but it is gone so that's something.

For the past month I've slacked quite a bit from my diet and exercise regime.  This past week I've been on the treadmill more lately.  Mostly because I don't want to have to tell Jason again that I haven't.  Ha!  It helps immensely that the weather has been gorgeous out!!!  I have a goal to walk outside this weekend and enjoy the warm weather and sun.

Drew is moving to a new department in our company on Monday morning.  He's very excited about it.  I'm happy for him.  I will be at my same desk, doing what I do, wondering how I ended up being in no department whatsoever.  My own personal R&D batcave.  (Enough said there.)

And lastly...for Joanie...the Bruschetta Chicken recipe!!!  My mother made this and we loved it!!!  It's super easy to make and tastes wonderful.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package stuffing mix
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, raw, cut into bit-size pieces
1 tsp basil
1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix tomatoes, stuffing, water and garlic until the stuffing mix is moistened.  Layer the chicken, basil and cheese in a baking dish.  Top with the stuffing mixture.  Bake 30 min.

The recipe is from Kraft Foods.