Saturday we went to the Christmas Tree Shop, then to Aldi's. They have neither stores in Tennessee. Mom found a $10 cane in Aldi's that she has found to be rather handy since she's still wobbly on her feet. I'm not sure they think Aldi's is as great as I do, but it was certainly different. And going to Wegman's at two on a Saturday afternoon was not happening!
Today was Mom's birthday. Mom & I went to a Lia Sophia party at Kelly's house this morning and we had a great time. Mom got some great jewelry from it, compliments of me and Dad. Happy Birthday!!!
For dinner I made the ranch pork chop in the crock pot (awesome!) along with mashed potatoes and Drew made his infamous asparagus. A total success!
Plus, Drew made a cake from scratch!!! We didn't have candles, so we stuck a votive in it. Classy.
Can you believe she's 66??? As expected, Dad went right for the ice cream.
And here's the card I made.
Dad and I watched the Wales vs Italy rugby match while I made cards this afternoon. It went mostly like this...
Dad : Why was that a penalty?
Me : I don't know.
Dad : What are they doing?
Me : A line-out.
Dad : Oh. Well, why aren't they doing that pile thing?
Me : You mean scrum?
Dad : Yeah.
Me : I don't know.
Admittedly, there are a lot of elements to rugby that I don't understand.
Dad : Why was that a penalty?
Me : I don't know.
Dad : What are they doing?
Me : A line-out.
Dad : Oh. Well, why aren't they doing that pile thing?
Me : You mean scrum?
Dad : Yeah.
Me : I don't know.
Admittedly, there are a lot of elements to rugby that I don't understand.
Wales won, as expected. Yay!!!