Thursday, March 1, 2012

TOPS 0625 Auburn

TOPS Club Organization rules dictate that officer elections are held at the first meeting in March. Seems goofy for a weight loss club but every position is voluntary, so we have to hold elections. Tonight nominations were made and votes were cast. Guess what? I'm Leader again.

There have been times when being Leader is not an enviable position. It can be stressful. Especially when you have a member in the club that's disruptive or isn't working out. We don't have members like that right now, but we have in the past.

Our club is fortunate that our members are there for friendship, motivation, support, and sometimes just to have a laugh. We do like to laugh. That's not to say that we don't take our weight loss seriously. We do. But we also know that laughter is the most powerful drug you can introduce to your diet.

So while part of me would just like to be a regular member sometimes, a much bigger part of me is happy to be Leader again. I feel like our club is getting some positive momentum in it. The members back me and they seem to be happy I'm up there taking care of the club business. I just hope I can also lead them towards the ultimate goal --- to be healthy and happy. The best way I know how to do that is to be a good example and a source of motivation.

The fact that I lost another two pounds this week is a great start. :)