Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Adventures of Butterball: Mid-Week 2 Evaluation


* The Adventures of Butterball are true stories about my *
* trials and tribulations as a stupid fat girl.  Enjoy! *

TAPOUT XT MID-WEEK 2 RE-EVALUATION

Week 2 has bee an interesting mix of dramatic highs and lows so far. The first two days showed massive improvement. The third & fourth days showed that my laziness and miserableness weren't completely out of my system. I worked out but not with as much energy or excitement. Causes included lack of sleep, a hyperextended knee and too much yoga. (Too much? Yes. Keep reading.)


I had a big issue with Yoga XT this moring. I do yoga on Monday nights with my beautiful, brilliant yogini and friend Theresa. She has helped me in so many ways. When I have aches and pains she instructs me how to fix it. She's been so instrumental in giving me tips that have helped me continue working out. Plus she gives me hugs. Hugs like my mommy would. I miss those hugs. Not everyone can do that. It's a gift. So, I'm not giving up my Monday night yoga class. But getting up and doing Yoga XT on Tuesday mornings kinda sucks. It's just too much yoga in too little time.

What do I do? Skip Yoga XT since I'm already doing yoga less than 12 hours before that? Swap Yoga XT with another workout later in the week? I like Yoga XT. Just not on Tuesday mornings. And it's going to be an issue with me. I'm already starting to resent it.

I've decided it's best to move it. But I don't want to mix up the schedule! I'm sure TapouT designed the schedule for a specific purpose. So I'm moving the entire schedule. Instead of starting my workout week on Saturday, it will start on Tuesday. This makes Monday my rest day, which is good because for whatever reason I cannot sleep on Sunday nights. I could use the extra 1-1/2 hours of sleep that morning. I can do yoga Monday night and be stretched and ready for Tuesday morning. Then Yoga XT will fall on Friday morning. Perfect!

But what about this week? Easy. Finish this week on Thursday, rest day Friday, do a couple of my fave workouts on Saturday and Sunday (Competition Core will be one of them! If not both!), rest day Monday, yoga Monday night, start week three on Tuesday. Easy peasy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I didn't report this to anyone, but on Day 10 I did my measurements as the TapouT XT chart instructed me to do. The findings didn't help at all. I'd lost 1-1/2 pounds, gained a 1/2 inch on my stomach but apparently lost two inches on my thighs. Really? I had joked at work during week 1 that with my luck I was growing abs under my fat and just getting larger. Well, apparently I am! I've been assured by the workout affionados around me that this is normal and to not freak out. Muscle grows faster than fat goes away, but the muscle will continue to burn fat so it's all good. Blah blah blah. I'm just gonna go eat a damn cake. Hell.

Now why didn't I lose 14 pounds like all the Success Stories on the DVD's? Quite simply, because:
A. I do not have a penis. (Although I'm pretty sure I have more balls than most of the guys I work with.) Let's face it. Guys lose weight quicker and bulk up faster. That's just a fact of nature. So, a morbidly obese woman trying to compare herself to a dude with a beer-gut is a stupid thing to do.

And the other reason is:
B. I'm not following the nutrition plan. I don't have to. I follow the eating guide setup for me by my nutritionist because I'm wheat/soy/milk/sugar intolerant. I'm sure my plan is probably very close to the TapouT XT nutrition guide. Lots of protein and veggies; low on carb. The people in the Success Stories weren't eating this way to begin with so their bodies had a bunch of "junk food" to dispense of immediately when they started eating healthy. That's gotta be it, right? Honestly, that's what mine did. When I learned of my food allergies and started eating right I dropped weight quick. But then the loss leveled out and I had to turn to exercise to lose additional weight. And here I am!

Still, I expected something a little better. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up after only ten days. It's not like there hasn't been improvement. I've had so much more energy! I'm almost starting to "pop" during the workouts. Almost!

So, I'm not going to let this get me down. I'm kind of excited to see what improvements we'll see in Week 3.  

Thanks for following and supporting Team Butterball!


THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES --> WEEK 2, DAY 6