Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Moi!

Saturday was my birthday.  I turned 43.  Yippy.  Actually, this birthday didn't bother me.  Probably because I'd actually accomplished something this year and am still accomplishing things.  The novel is written and it's in the process of getting put up on Amazon.  Agents are being contacted.  Novel #2 has started and I've got two movie scripts and two TV pilots in the writing works.  I've gotten quite serious about all this now and I'm loving it!

On Friday, my work-daughters Triscia and Jessica decided to surprise me with...

A BIG CARD!!!





It says The Dream Team on the left with drawings of all three of us holding hands.  Very cute.

On the right it says :
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
We couldn't ask
For a better Supervisor than YOU!

From Your Only Daughters,
Triscia & Jessica

And they also made these:


(L. to R.  Triscia, some old broad, Jessica)

The Dream Team t-shirts.  My says Supervisor of The Dream Team.  Jeez.  I do look like I could be their mother.  Good lord that's terrible.  HA!

Well, you can't say I'm not sucked up to loved at work.  Honestly, it's very sweet.  Those girls crack me up daily.

Yesterday I had a delicious breakfast with my "brother" Jeff.  He gave me some great advice about posting digital books on Amazon!  It was nice to be able to sit and talk with him.  We don't do that as often as we used to when the Sunday Morning Writing Crew met at Witches' Brew.  (Gawd, I still miss that place something fierce.)

Then later that day I went winery hopping with Stacey.  We went to the Garlic Fest at Fox Run.  We had planned to see Castle Street Band, but stupid me never checked the schedule and they were there Sunday, not Saturday.  Duh!  But we had a great time anyway.

We saw a guy normal looking guy with a normal looking family with a normal looking Town & Country SUV wearing this t-shirt...



Seriously.  (Mom & Dad - Amy can explain to you what that means.  Thanks Amy!!!)

After Fox Run, we hit several wineries as we looped our way around Seneca Lake.  We had lunch at Red Newt Bistro, which was just absolutely fabulous!!!  Thank you Stacey for lunch and a great day out!  It was a lot of fun.