Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's Freaking Done

I can't believe the book is done.  It's been a long, strange week for it too.

Last Saturday - I just got to the company picnic and sat down with a bowl of steamed clams.  BAM!  Migraine.  I didn't have my meds on me.  So I did the next best thing.  Drank it away.  People kept tabs on me and brought me beer the whole time.  Within an hour it was gone.  HALLELUJAH!  I wouldn't recommend that remedy often though.

Wednesday - MIGRAINE AGAIN?!?!?!?!  Took meds and stayed home.  I was pretty sick the whole day.  At 3 pm my brain finally snapped free and took off like a race car.  I was all of a sudden back into the book and loving it!!!  Writer's block gone.

Yesterday - I was in a race to finish the book.  I wanted it done by Monday.  I was well on my way to finishing it too when...yep.  Migraine.  (Are you freaking kidding me???)  This one was weird too.  The symptoms were backwards.  So I took meds AND booze.  Finished a bottle of wine and within an hour...no migraine.  None whatsoever.  Weirdest thing.

Today - Hangover.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Oh, but I finished the book.

Now I just need some critics and a kick-ass editor to catch my screw-ups.  Oh, and a publisher might be nice.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite goofy line of the day...

The blouse was so see-through that he could see the flower pattern on her bra move when she laughed.  It looked like a rose bush in an earthquake.