Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Sunday morning and already it feels like the weekend is over.

Yesterday NorGus Press had a book signing at Auburn's Downtown Books & Coffee.  There were six of us, the original NorGus four, plus two local authors.  One is very local.  So local that I sleep with him on a regular basis.  Yep, it's my hubby Drew.

The book signing wasn't a success from a business standpoint, but from a personal point-of-view it was great!  I had been dreading it (I hate people) but I had a good time.  I rarely get to talk to Jeff & Matt anymore, so we got to catch-up on things.  Dale (local author) was pleased as hell to be there just because it got him away from his insane children for four hours.  And he's a funny, funny guy.  The staff at the bookstore are fun to watch in action too.  We even got to chat it up with a couple of local crazies.  That's always great fodder for another book.  So, in all, I actually had a good time.  Shocker!

I got no writing done on my book what-so-ever.  This is a little bothersome, but I'm trying not to be phased by it.  The problem is that almost all the personal plotline has been written.  I'm left with a little of the mystery and a lot of the business.  That requires research.  So I'm hemming and hawing.  I've got lots of time because my deadline is 8/4/12, but I might have sorta told people, "Two weeks!  I'll be done in two weeks!"  Well, I don't think that's gonna happen now.

But that's why the weekend feels "over".  I'm not doing anything productive.  Sure, I could clean something in the house, but it's just going to get dusty again so what's the point?  (Note to self, after becoming a national bestselling author hire a housekeeper.)  Too bad that line of thought didn't apply to my diet too.  "I'm just going to get hungry again, so what's the point in eating this unhealthy high-caloric food?"  (Note to self, ditto for the personal chef...and personal trainer...masseuse.  Ok, why don't you just buy Mirabeau and move in???)

My hope is that by now posting this the rest of my Sunday will be amazingly productive.  That's what usually happens.  I make an announcement and it's immediately a lie.  HAHA!

UPDATE!!!  I was totally right.  As soon as I said, "I got nothing," inspiration struck.  I added 4,000 words today to break 70,000.  Do I know how to work my own system or what?  HA!