Saturday, July 21, 2012

That Effing Book!

Most of you have probably figured out that the lack of updates means I've hit writer's block.  No, not writer's block.  A HUGE MUTHER OF A BLANK WALL!!!  I finished up the personal/romantic storyline and most of the mystery.  That left the business side.  Guess what?  I got nothing.  Ok, I got something, but I can't organize it and decide what to do with it.  I have great ideas, but that's all they are.  I have a lot of research to do if I want to do this and do it right, but every time I try my mind wanders terrible.  I have killed countless hours in front of the computer going..."Ah, to hell with it.  What's on Netflix?  Stargate Atlantis!  Awesome!  If my book is made into a movie, maybe we can get Jason Momoa to trim up his hair because he'd make an amazing Alex.  He's already got that cute scar.  Hmmm."



"For that price, I want it to vibrate and tell me I'm pretty." - Said by me in an email to Stacey

I'm starting to freak out a little about the fact that I'm not freaking out nearly enough to take action.  As Drew pointed out to me, I've written a lot in a relatively short period of time.  I just need a break.  Or as Stacey said, maybe the reason it takes six months to write a book is because of the couple months in the middle that the writer's got nothing to write about.  My father said the nicest thing to me the other day..."Remember, you have to be a writer to have writer's block, so it's not a bad thing."  They all just make my day sometimes.

Other than that the only revelation I've come to this week is that when I hear the song "I Was Made For Lovin' You" by Kiss, I instinctively want to strap on a pair of roller skates and rock out over the mall food court.  (Local joke for the 80's teens.) 

Ok, that's about it.  Hadda throw something up here for my parents to read so they don't think I've slipped into a fat, lazy coma.  

Oh, one more thing...

HI GEORGIA!!!!!!



I nicely cropped Jim's ex from the picture.  When I scanned it in, I noticed I'd written on the back...

The Women.  Slim pickings at that party, I can tell you.

Even back in the early 90's I was rockin' the self-esteem!  But honestly, what do you expect from someone who wears her hair like that?  I call that hair style "high tide".  Just another reason I now have bangs.