Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Hoosier Cabinet

One of the few pieces of furniture that Drew asked for when his mother moved was the hoosier cabinet.  I didn't think it was going to fit in our dining room, but it actually fits perfectly.  I still have to clean up the rest of the room as it's constantly being used for my cardmaking or Drew's Tastefully Simple stuff, but I did snap some pics of what we did with it.



There's a roll-down top that can close over the cookbooks, but I like it open.  The two cars are for my mother, who got me kits to make them for Xmas and kinda freaked out when I never made them.  I was going to keep them as collectibles, but after seeing the episode where Penny gets upset with Leonard for not playing with the Spock toy I decided I should make them.  So I did!  It was fun too.



In the bottom of the cabinet is a little wine fridge.  It's our wine center!  We still have the large wine rack; it's just moved across the room.

I quite like it!