Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Joke...I Cooked Fish...And It Was Edible

Actually, it was damn good, skippy.  I found a simple recipe for fish on allrecipes.com and decided to try it.  It called for Mahi Mahi, but I used Tilapia.  You can use any fish.  I rubbed it with a little olive oil, sprinkled salt & pepper on it, then baked it.  When it was done, I served it on Fiesta Rice, then drizzled a little bit of a butter/hot sauce/lemon juice/onion mixture over the top.  Roasted asparagus on the side.  I have more Tilapia so we'll be trying that again this week, but with more lemon juice.  I love lemon juice.

I struck a deal with Drew tonight.  If I cook the majority of April, I can get the 7-Qt. Slow Cooker with Locking Lid from BJ's.  I have a $5 off coupon for it that's good until 4/28.  Honestly, he would just let me get it anyways since he knows I'll definitely use it.  Actually, he's probably in shock that I asked him at all.  But I want motivation and a goal to go with it!  And I reeeeeally want that crockpot!  So it looks like I'm cooking again!

I wonder if that would work on Drew.  If I told him he could get the extra freezer if he made lunches every morning before work, would he do it?  Hmmmm...  Probably not.

Today's meals were healthy and yummy and filling.  Then why do I have a huge craving for waffles???



Oh yeah.  I was watching Archer earlier.  I LOVE PAM!!!!!



She rocks in space armor.

COME AT ME BRO!