Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catch-Up Sunday

While I was de-cluttering yesterday, Drew monopolized the cardmaking table to do the taxes.  Yes, we're last minute filers.  It's quite complicated due to the Tastefully Simple business, but he got it done.  It took 12 hours, but they're done.  YAY!

Today I got my cardmaking room back and made up for lost time.  Had a few projects to finish up.

First up, non-spinning pinwheels for Kelly.  They're for decoration only, so she didn't care that they don't spin.  I tried to figure out a way to make them spin, but honestly, I couldn't be bothered to spend that kind of time for a few bucks.  And if she didn't care, why should I?  That's my business motto right there.  "I'll go the distance if you expect me to."



They're actually quite pretty.

Next, I made a sample wedding invite using the colors of the NY Giants.



The colors weren't my idea. The groom's mother informed me that this was what they were probably going with. The wedding is well over a year away, so there is the chance they might change their mind. That's why this is a sample. I like this card though.

And as you can see, my photography skills are still as sharp as ever. Nice and crooked, just the way I wanted. Pah!

Here's some lovey-dovey cards for the upcoming wedding season.



And I worked on a photography mat project for Jason.  I only mention it because he asked if I could do it three months ago.  He said no rush.  So I didn't.  (See my motto above.)  Seriously, I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I did today.  He'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the results.  Bwah hah hah.


SOMETHING FOR DAD & MOM...

When I was a kid, my dad made posters.  They were posters with some kind of goal on them.  The goals had to do with running and/or losing weight.  The deadline was almost always in relation to a vacation.  At any given point when you went into the den you could find a goal poster on the wall.  I loved them.  So when my parents visited in March I asked my Dad if he could help me make one for our trip to London in September.

He did.



Dad put the green countries on the blue background, laid out the white course, and Mom helped him put some stickers and markings on it. Then this weekend I finished it off with the numerous photos from our last trip and a few other pictures.

It's hard to see, but at the beginning in Syracuse is a plane.  It will move along the course until it reaches London.  It's a weight loss goal.  I'm not relinquishing the details since it's a very lofty goal.  But my poster gives me more encouragement.  It's also a lot of fun because I've got a ton of stories to go with the pictures.

So, I've got a poster.  I know.  It's weird.  But I love it.