Saturday, September 10, 2016

Crafty: Gold Rose Wedding Card

Today's card is a Mr. & Mrs. Wedding card with a Gold Rose on it.  The idea for the card was inspired (aka stolen) from Stamping Jo's website.  I saw it on Pinterest, a crafter's greatest internet resource.


Gluing the rose down was kind of a pain in the butt, even using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen from Stampin' Up. Most reps will tell you the glue dries clear. That's kinda true. It's clear, but you can still see it. Especially on black paper. So, gluing this beast of a die-cut and putting it in position without dragging the glue around is hard. For this reason, I only made two of these lovely cards and unless someone specifically wants more, I won't be voluntarily making more.

The gold rose is made using gold foil paper and the Rose Garden Thinlit from Stampin' Up.
The message is made using the Label Love stamp set and the Artisan Label punch, both retired products from Stampin' Up.
The rest of the card stock is from a local craft store. I have so much paper that I rarely ever remember where it came from.

* Disclaimer: I don't work for Stampin' Up and they didn't ask me to do this. In fact, if they knew me they'd probably ask me to stop. I happen to be a customer and supply the names of the products I use just as a reference for fellow crafters in case they like what they see here.