Sunday, September 11, 2016

Crafty: Fall-ish Flower Card

Today's card is a total fail. At least in my mind. Why? Well, take a look at the card I was trying to replicate. It's on Stamping Inferno's blog.

Isn't it gorgeous?!?!

Now see what I made.

Oh, *insert your choice of swear word here*.

Problem#1 : I suck at picking out colors on my own. 
I wanted to make the card in fall colors. Orange and yellow. This is meh.

Problem#2 : I suck at embossing. 
The phrase "just because" on the original card was embossed with white powder. I tried to emboss my message and it looked like a Happy Birthday greeting that was trapped in a snowstorm. I even tried the anti-static trick with a dryer sheet. Nope. The embossing powder insisted on sticking to pretty much the entire corner of the black paper. So, I wiped it off and just stuck a message on there instead. Not nearly as awesome.

Ok,, the final outcome isn't bad, but it's nothing like I'd envisioned, so it's a fail. Of course, it won't stop me from selling them to my co-workers for $4. Ha!

The flowers are all made using the Botanical Builder Framelit Die set from Stampin' Up.
By the way, a wonderful set that rolled out so easily in the Big Shot! I do love it and will be using it a lot more in the future. I'll just stick to colors that won't offend Mother Nature.

The message is

* Disclaimer: I am not employed by Stampin' Up and they never asked for this. In fact, if they knew this was here, they'd probably send a cease and desist letter. What I am is a happy customer. I supply the names of the products (that I can remember) as a reference for my fellow crafters.