Monday, December 23, 2013

This Year's Christmas Cards

This year I combined the use of some new crafting items to make Christmas Cards.

First, I made 25 Telescoping Snowman cards.

This is the card when it's folded up...


On the back, I've written in silver metallic marker...


This one is for Jeff's mother Phylis. Her daughter Michelle stopped me on the street a few weeks ago to inform me that Phylis keeps all the cards I make on a special board. She's definitely getting a homemade card this year!

And here's our snowman fully open!


The hat, nose and scarf are from a digital download from Silhouette. The circles are all cut from the Silhouette Portrait as well. I love my little cutting machine! It was an early Christmas gift to myself, and I could not be more pleased!

I hand-drew the mouth on. The eyes are obviously googlies. The berries, dimples, and snowflake bling are stick-on gems from ACMoore. The snowflakes and greeting are from the Stampin' Up set Snow Swirled. I used Pool Party and metallic silver ink. I had experimented with putting twig arms on him, but I hated it and decided to leave them off.

I forgot to take a picture, but I made square envelopes using the new Envelope Punch Board from Stampin Up. Since these cards aren't being mailed out but hand-delivered, I used up a bunch of cheap scrapbook paper to make the envelopes. Now instead of being in a gigantic pile of paper I will never use, they're adorable envelopes!

The dimensions for those that want to know: 
  black scallop = 4.25"
  green circle = 3.75"
  red circle = 3.25"
  white circles = 3.75", 3.25", 2.75"


The second card I made this year was a sleigh.



I cut out the sleigh using the Silhouette Portrait. The corners were done with a punch from Stampin' Up. The "glowing" bow is actually cut from silver foil paper. I'm not sure I like this card. It does look better in person, but it took a long time to put together and in my mind it was prettier. But I made 30 of them and they are definitely getting handed/mailed out.


The third card I made this year I actually made last January.


Don't remember anything about it, but I'm sure it's all Stampin' Up stuff.

Merry Christmas!!