Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Adventures of Butterball: JUNE!!!

* The Adventures of Butterball are true stories about my *
* trials and tribulations as a stupid fat girl.  Enjoy! *

Everyone knows by now that I'm a huge fan of "fresh starts." I love to purge. I can have a "Spring Cleaning Day" anytime of the year. Instead of just one day though, I want a whole month. A whole month of purging and starting over and working on bad habits and being just happy me doing weird things.

I've decided to make my month JUNE!!! Why June? It has 30 days. There are a buttload of 30 day challenges out there. Most of them aren't what I'm interested in. I could care less about posting pictures on Facebook for 30 days. In fact, I might avoid Facebook for 30 days. I've done a decent job of ignoring it for the past week already.

Ok. So here's the challenges I've decided to do in June. Note I said challengessssss. I'm not just doing one. Oh know. That's not stupid enough. I'm doing my own personalized buttload. I encourage people to join me! Make your own buttload.

THE ULTIMATE 30 DAY CHALLENGE

CHALLENGE #1 - THE WORKOUT CHALLENGE
Workout at least once a day. It must be a legitimate workout. Legitimate to me is:
  1. Kayaking
  2. TapouT XT
  3. Walking/Jogging on the treadmill/outside
  4. Yoga
  5. Some other exercise that is in some way a benefit to me physically and gets me out of my chair
Not included are the additional workout challenges below or walking on my 15 minute breaks at work. I will count it if I walk at least a half-hour at lunch. Why that? Because I hate it. This is about getting me to do something that's not routine. Something I will likely complain about but will be grateful for when it's done.

CHALLENGE #2 - THE SQUAT CHALLENGE
I am not jazzed with how the 30 Day Squat Challenges I've seen online work. They have a rest day. Squats only take 5 minutes. Why do you need a rest day? It just makes things confusing, so I made up my own challenge.

CHALLENGE #3 - THE CRUNCH CHALLENGE
Same thing as the Squat Challenge, but with Crunches. Again, made my own. No rest for people who don't need more excuses to do so.

CHALLENGE #4 - THE HEALTHY EATING CHALLENGE
Do not order any take-out or get any fast-food or eat out for the month.
Exceptions: Any parties we are scheduled to attend (ie. bridal shower, graduation party, Zom-Prom), Friday lunch with the homies.
The purpose of this challenge is to get us to cook more at home and prepare lunches for work. I have been uber-lazy about this and it needs to stop. Even if I'm not cooking something particularly healthy it's still better than fast-food. And cheaper. There is the money factor to consider here too.

CHALLENGE #5 - THE WRITING CHALLENGE
Write everyday. Novels/Short Stories: 1,000 words. Screenplays: 10 pages. Whatever I feel like writing that day. I'm gonna give myself some leeway on this too because some nights there is no time for this but if I can make it up on the following night/weekend then huzzah. Success.

CHALLENGE #69 - THE SEX CHALLENGE
Haha! I'm just kidding. There is none. I asked Drewbert about it (sort of as a joke) and he was like, "Ok!" But I realize that Challenge #5 will probably keep me up later than him sometimes and if I have to stop writing just to go bang him for a challenge then it's gonna make me cranky. And I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that Drewbert was still ok with that.
Then again, there is the laughably awkward factor to consider when addressing friends/co-workers who have read this. Because someone's gonna wanna ask how the challenge is going. Hmm... Might reconsider actually doing this. *snicker*

So, that's the plan for June. It's only 10:45 am on 6/1/13 I'm already starting to regret it. HAHA! Such stupid fun!!