Saturday, May 18, 2013

Creamed Corn

This is a recipe I promised a couple people I'd get to them and didn't. I don't even remember who asked for it. Gotta love my memory! Anyhoo, here's the Easter recipe that my family assured me was the bomb!

Creamed Corn

½ lb bacon
1 sweet onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 bag frozen corn
8 oz cream cheese
½ cup heavy cream
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 TBSP bacon grease from skillet.
2. Add onion, garlic and jalapeno to skillet. Cook until onion begins to soften. Be sure to scrape the brown bits from the pan.
3. Add corn to pan and cook for 7-8 minutes until corn is tender.
4. Reduce heat to low. Break cream cheese into small pieces and add to pan along with heavy cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir often until cream cheese has melted.
5. Put creamed corn in serving dish and top with crumbled bacon pieces.

I have no idea how it is as a re-heated leftover. We didn't have any leftovers. Enjoy!