Saturday, November 29, 2014

At my mother's request --- CARDS!

I haven't posted any cards in a while. Mostly because I've been really lazy about taking pictures of them. Drew just recently setup our photo tent with lights in the front storage room so it'll be ready to use anytime I want to take photos. 

WARNING: I'm still learning to use the photo tent and camera. So these photos aren't the best. But they are A LOT better than what I used to take.

This past summer, Stampin' Up came out with new Blendabilities markers. They're alcohol ink markers, which I'd never used before. I bought all the colors they offered and went to town coloring. I can't "blend" for caca with the dang things, but I can color better than any third grader on the planet. I'm pretty sure I enjoy it more too. Love these things!!!

The below collection of pictures come from a wonderful little website Free Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps.

I'll start with a couple summer cards to remind us all of what we miss.



Now here's some Halloween cards, because that's two holidays ago. Makes sense!






I made some love cards...





I love those mousies!!!!



I "painted" a Paris card. The picture is an ink drawing by Seth Swilk


Below is a map I colored. I used the World Map stamp from Stampin' Up.


I did the next card in several different colors. I used the Blended Bloom stamp from Stampin' Up.


I made several of the below using a technique I learned in a card class with my Stampin' Up rep Jessica Brigden. The flower centers are sticky pearls that are colored by the alcohol ink markers to match the card. Yes, the markers can color pearls as well as sticky gems. So cool!!


Some colorful Buddhas. The stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.


SPOILER ALERT!!!!!  2014 CHRISTMAS CARDS AHEAD!!!!!

There's a chance if you get a Christmas Card from me this year, it might be one of the cards below. Consider yourself warned. If you don't want to see it before you get it, turn back now.

THE NUTCRACKER
I cut out the nutcracker with my Silhouette. He's perched on a piece of red glimmer paper. The background is gold ink stamped on black paper. The stamp set is Bright & Beautiful Stars from Stampin' Up. It is so much more cooler and shinier in person.


FLOURISHED RUDOLPH
Rudolph was cut out with my Silhouette. He's on top of gold glimmer paper. The paper behind that is from Stampin' Up. I don't remember the name of the DSP pack, but I think it might be retired anyway. 


SANTA'S FLIGHT
This is all Stampin' Up. From the current holiday catalog, I used stamp sets Holiday Home, Festival of Trees, and White Christmas. It's missing something in the upper right-hand corner, but I don't have anything to put there I like, so it might just go as is.


Now you're up-to-date with my card making. I expect to make Xmas cards this year. I also expect to be debt-free and a size 8 when I wake up in the morning, so take that into consideration when I mention my dreams, goals, and expectations.

~ Steph