Saturday, November 29, 2014

About That Damn Book...

This originally started off as a Facebook post, but it got stupidly long (like this sentence is turning out to be), so I decided to make it a blog post instead.

To my fans: You have been so patient and understanding, and I appreciate you all so much. But that book ain't comin' out before New Years. I'm sorry. I've hit a HUGE problem with it and instead of just patching the hole and publishing something I'm not 100% happy with (I'm a writer - will I ever be 100% happy with anything????), I've decided to give myself a break. 


I know! I keep making promises that the book will come out.  But I tried! I really did! Ask Drew. I've been making him bonkers talking about it. And it's been eating me up that I can't get it done before Xmas. So much so, that I have got nothing else done. I've got to stop and step back from it.

There's also a chance that after posting this my creativity will burst with a fantastical idea. That's happened before. It happens a lot at work just after I email the bosses. 
   "Dudes! We are so screwed!" 
Five seconds later...
   "Oh, nevermind boss dudes. I figured it out. Abort the self-destruct sequence. Thanks."


Not to mention the fact that my accountant is going to give me that look again next spring when it's tax time and he's going through the 1099s.
   "$4.58 from Amazon."
   "Pathetic, I know. I didn't publish a book this year."
   "You said you were going to."
   "I know."
   "Are you sure you're a writer?
   "Yes! I am!"
   "Uh huh."
   "I am!!!"
   "You know, making a profit isn't a bad thing."
   "I promise I'll do it this year!!!"
   "Uh huh."
   "I will! By the way, what's a profit?"


I am happy to report that the book is 75% done. When will the rest be done? Don't know. Not even going to give an estimated guess. It's about 16 months overdue at this point, so there's no sense in me telling you anything. But a lot of it is done, so that's good, right???


Yeah, I know. I deserve that.

Oh, and the cover is done. I'll be revealing that this week along with the back cover synopsis. Something to look forward to.


So, if you'll forgive me, I'm going to step away from this computer and go make some holiday cheer. Put together some cards. Maybe play a video game with the hubby. I haven't played House of the Dead in a while. Or maybe I'll just get out of this darn house before I go insane!!!!

In the meantime, here's a couple pics I found that gave me some inspiration for a few of the scenes from the book...



And finally... did you ever notice that guys make the same face no matter what size gun they're shooting off? Huh.


Maybe I'll go watch The Mummy.

~Steph