Monday, January 20, 2014

The Adventures of Butterball: The Cheeto Dust Weight Loss Challenge - Week Two

* The Adventures of Butterball are true stories about my *
* trials and tribulations as a stupid, plus-sized girl. Enjoy! *

Last week on Cheeto Dust Weight Loss Challenge...
I've entered a weight loss challenge with some of my male co-workers. So far I'm in the lead with a 10.5 pound loss, which is 3.88% of my body weight. I am determined that by the end of March I will come out on top of all 14 of these guys. 
That's what she said!
Shut up, Hoyt!!!

THE CHEETO DUST WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
WEEK TWO

Having firmly established my eating plan of a healthy fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast, I've decided to take it to the next level.

A healthy fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast AND lunch. * Cue dramatic music. *

Drew wasn't interested in the smoothie lunch, so he had to figure out what to eat for himself. I continued to make smoothies for both of us for breakfast though.

Honestly, it wasn't that hard for me. I enjoy the smoothies, and I've never felt so good since drinking them. My brain isn't in a complete fog all the time. I'm wide awake. I have more energy. My co-worker Pam wants to strangle me because I babble non-stop. Like a 15-year old girl whose woken up one morning and discovered that the boy who sits in front of her in English smells like a man. I am just that hyper all the time now. It's no wonder that Drew supports my health eating plan 100%!

Another interesting side effect of drinking two green smoothies a day? I poop green. I do. I poop out foliage. It's like broccoli soup. Weird.

Here's my new recipe this week. It's for the juicer. Drew hates it, but I like it.

Sweet Potato Blast

Servings: 2

1 sweet potato, cubed
2 apples
1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper
3 clementines




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Exercise has picked up. And I'm not just talking about my bouncing off the walls (although that's gotta burn up some serious calories after two or three hours). I went back to yoga on Monday night. I haven't been to a class since October. It was interesting. I'd forgotten how challenging it can be.

Bend over and touch the floor.
Yeah, I can do that.
...with your feet together, toes touching.
Well, now I can't. My thighs are in the way.
Kneel, bend forward, arms stretched out in front of you, and breathe.
I can't! My tits are suffocating me!
Go down on one knee...
Mother-puss-bucket! That's a lot of weight for one knee, lady!
Stretch to the side, push your hip forward.
I'm heavily lopsided at this point. Oh crap. Mayday! Mayday! We're going down!
That's what she sai--
HOYT! And get out of my head!
Now the other knee...
ME..SWEARING..BIG..BAD..WORDS..AAAARGHHH!!!
Sit, legs stretched out in front of you, bend forward, try to get your chin to your knees.
I would, but my stomach is already there. I can set my chin on my chest which is currently being pushed up into my face. Charming. You know, somewhere there's a guy who'd pay a lot of money to wank off to this. One guy. Somewhere. Who fulfills that market niche.

I do actually enjoy yoga. My yogini is very understanding and patient with regards to the challenges I bring to class each week. I never give up though. I adjust. I do the best I can. And occasionally -- just occasionally -- I surprise her. But mostly I make faces and flip her off. That's how she knows she's doing a good job!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

On Wednesday night, I got a haircut. For fun, I weighed myself before and after the haircut. 0.6 pounds lost. And here it is!!!

It looks like someone murdered a Tribble.

While cutting my hair, my hairdresser Jennifer made an interesting discovery...

"You have some curly hair back here."
"I've seen those. A couple strands that are wicked curly?"
"There's a bunch. And they're in clumps."
She held up a clump for me to see.
"Wow! Does that mean I'm getting old?! Is that old people hair?!"
"No." Pause. "I won't tell you what they look like." Snicker.
"OH MY GOD! I HAVE HEAD PUBES!"

Yep! Apparently I'm growing pubic hair on my head now. Fantastic! Drew can't grow any hair on his head, but I can grow ALL of it there. Ugh.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Monday, January 20th : Weigh-In Day!!!

This week I weighed in at... 262 pounds??? I went up 2 pounds? For crying out loud! I'm no longer in the lead. I'm not far behind though. Oh well. I still feel a lot better, so I'll keep trudging along doing what I do.

Still Happy!
Steph