Monday, July 15, 2013

GF PB Banana CC Bars & A Fake Lobster

You're not gonna believe what I did tonight.

I baked.

It's over 90 degrees outside. It's probably just as hot in the house, but oddly enough, it's not phasing me. At all! In fact, I turned on the oven and baked tonight.

Baked.

I NEVER bake. EVER! But there were overripe bananas in my kitchen and I couldn't bring myself to throw them away so I hunted down a recipe and went to work.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bars

1 package Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 egg
2 bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter

Mix the egg, bananas and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Add the Cookie Mix and continue to beat until it's blended. Pour into a 9x9-inch pan. I used my Pampered Chef stoneware baker lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

The texture is like a dense muffin. Or a thick banana bread. It's super yummy though!! It got a Seal-of-Approval from Drew's Stomach.

*  *  *  *  *

Then after being all Betty Crockery, I decided to make some cards. This design is based on one we made at a workshop.



Mmm. Lobstah. Nom  nom nom.