I made a roast yesterday. I was very nervous about it because I usually dry the heck out of a roast, but it came out falling apart & super moist. It was incredible.
CROCK POT 4-PACKET ROAST
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet Onion Soup mix
1 cup water
3 lb. Chuck Roast
(Or whatever meat you want. I don't know a Chuck Roast from a T-Bone. I just got what I could afford.)
Mix the packets of dry mixes with the water in your Crock Pot (I used Alice - my 6-1/2 quart). Throw in meat and splash it around. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours. Mine was done at 6-1/2.
It's that simple and it's wonderful!!!
Some people put potatoes and vegetables in with the meat. Except for onions & mushrooms (if I have them), I don't. I think they're nasty like that.
Some people insist you have to cover everything completely with liquid. I'm making a roast, not boiled beef. Seriously, you don't have to. It's awesome as is.
Some people also use the sauce as a gravy. Mine's usually too fatty to do that. I suppose if you had a lot of patience you could refrigerate the sauce, scrape off the fat, and use the remaining juice for something. That's like work. No thanks.
Bye bye.
This website is no longer being updated.
-
I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately. At first I was only using it to pin to-do items. Cards I wanted to make. Recipes I wanted to ...
-
I have been once again inspired by Pinterest to create a picture frame craft. This is based on a few things I saw, so credit goes to everyo...
-
I'm cooking again! Actually, I never really left. I just haven't tried anything new in a while. Today I picked out a new one to t...