Monday, January 7, 2013

Crock Pot 4-Packet Roast

I made a roast yesterday.  I was very nervous about it because I usually dry the heck out of a roast, but it came out falling apart & super moist.  It was incredible.


CROCK POT 4-PACKET ROAST

1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet Onion Soup mix
1 cup water
3 lb. Chuck Roast
(Or whatever meat you want.  I don't know a Chuck Roast from a T-Bone.  I just got what I could afford.)

Mix the packets of dry mixes with the water in your Crock Pot (I used Alice - my 6-1/2 quart).  Throw in meat and splash it around.  Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.  Mine was done at 6-1/2.

It's that simple and it's wonderful!!!

Some people put potatoes and vegetables in with the meat.  Except for onions & mushrooms (if I have them), I don't.  I think they're nasty like that.

Some people insist you have to cover everything completely with liquid.  I'm making a roast, not boiled beef. Seriously, you don't have to.  It's awesome as is.

Some people also use the sauce as a gravy.  Mine's usually too fatty to do that.  I suppose if you had a lot of patience you could refrigerate the sauce, scrape off the fat, and use the remaining juice for something.  That's like work.  No thanks.